STD Friends Review
STD Friends is an online dating site devoted to helping singles with STD’s find love and support online. It uses a Web 2.0 interface and is quite easy to join and use the site. People who are affected by any kind of sexually transmitted diseases like herpes, HPV, HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis, Chlamydia, Syphilis can join this community. It’s much more like a social networking sites. Members can add others to their friends list, make a comment on other members’ profiles and will receive others’ updates on changes to their profiles.
- Standard Membership – Free
- Premium Membership
1 Month – $24.95
3 Months – $54.95
6 Months – $79.95
- Create your own profiles by filling in your basic info, uploading some photos, describing yourself and your match.
- Add someone as friends, just like how it works on Facebook.
- Make comment on others profiles.
- Read articles about STDs and how to manage certain conditions. But the amount of articles is less than 50.
- Live chatroom lets you connect with other members.
- Create blogs.
Performing a Search:
- Quick search
- Simple Search:
Living with (Illness)
- Username Search
- Advanced Search:
Advanced search includes all of the criteria of Simple Search, plus:
- STDfriends doesn’t protect member’s privacy well. You can view the blog owners’ photos on the blog page. Even without registration you can view their members’ photos, gender & age. We all know that privacy is the most important concern for people with STDs. Disclosing those info to anyone who visits the site may cause inconvenience or risk for the members. You may check the sreenshot we made on their site. We covered the members’ face when making sreenshot.